kiss&cry - Jo Hauge
Time & Location
About the Event
kiss&cry- Jo Hauge
here are some facts about figure skating JUST KIDDING THERE ARE NO FACTS IN FIGURE SKATING ONLY VERY STRONG OPINIONS: the kiss&cry is somewhere to go to have feelings, a physical space where people go to watch you have feelings and its safe and loud. there could be a stuffed toy that looks like your friend’s dog and your coach who is also your therapist (or whoever you most desperately want approval from) but you made them yourself from scratch
i love deciding that we were doing it right all along actually. i love being right or performing a very simple choreography, who doesn’t?? i love being in the kiss&cry where we have one job which is to cry or kiss or be kissed. it’s easy
if you want to make your own kiss&cry, i’m inviting you to join me in mine, where a lot of things happen simultaneously. i’m going to write ‘self-insert’ fanfic just for us.
there will be a degree of sensory overwhelm
This perfromance is for 4 audience members and the artist (5 people in the room at any time) + a technician
There are three performances:
20:00 on 23/10/2020
20:00 on 26/10/2020
20:00 on 29/10/2020
There is a £10 reservation deposit for the ticket which you can be refunded after you have attended the performance but you can also gift this as a donation to CLAY to help us further our mission
You don't have to do anything as part of the performance, but I will ask you to make your own figure skating coach beforehand, who will sit with you in the kiss&cry. This is very simple, it's unlikely to take more than ten minutes and won't require anything you don't already have at home. I'll send you some more info about that closer to the show.
There are also some questions in the registration form for you to answer detailing personal information will not be shared with anyone other than the the people directly involved with the making of the perfromance.
The kiss&cry, in "real" figure skating, is where skaters wait with their coaches to receive their scores after they've finished their programmes, and where we see them react to those scores. In fandom, Alternate Universe (AU) describes fanfiction that changes elements of the original work, e.g. an AU where the Star Trek characters work in a cafe called Enterprise Coffee. This performance is a very neurodiverse and trans, figure skating AU in which figure skating happens at home if it even exists, and the kiss&cry is where we go to have fanfiction read to us while sounds happen.
You don't have to know anything about figure skating or about fandom.
– while there is no strobe as such, people who are sensitive to flashing images should proceed with caution, please get in touch if you have any questions about this.
– there will be images of of gagging (but no vomiting), drooling, spitting, explicit sexual acts, nudity and smoking.
– the fanfic will include explicitly sexual and (consensually) violent imagery and body horror
– there may be imagry that could affect those who experience trypophobia
– there will be a degree of sensory overwhelm involving a lot of things happening simultaneously, especially sound wise, please get in touch if you have any questions about this.
If you want more details about any of these you can ask for them in registration
This work was developed through support by the National Theatre of Scotland’s Starter Programme (supported by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation), CLAY, East Street Arts and Arts Council England
- Sold Out23rd Oct 20:00 (res deposit)£10£100£0
- Sold Out26th Oct 20:00 (res deposit)£10£100£0
- Sold Out29th Oct 20:00 (res deposit)£10£100£0
- Waiting List£0£00£0