Fri, Feb 24|
Development workshop: Freelance contracting and being contracted
This workshop will give tips and pointers about how to understand and use instagram in a sustainable way as an independent artist.
Time & Location
Feb 24, 2023, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM GMT
About the event
This workshop with Rowena Walmsley, Human Resources specialist (with experience from Leeds City Council & University of Leeds), will look at how freelance, sole trading and small artistic companies can engage other independent contractors legally and ethically. The aim is to come out of this with some resources for contracting.
With a focus on:
- What a freelance contract or agreement could and should include
- How to keep language straightforward and contracts readable
- How they differ from an employment contracts
- Ways of working with the same people legally
- Other tips and protecting artists and their projects
Access: This is event is online and there will be a section in the registration to let us know about access requiremnt you may have.
Image credit: Sophie Jouvenaar
Mafwa- Sit With Us